The purpose of this internship is to give students and non-students the opportunity to learn and provide support in the day to day field of the Entertainment industry. Interns will support areas of Tula Talks Entertainment, LLC. In addition, to helping the intern build their professional portfolio, interns may also work with clients on day to day projects.
Internship timeline: 6 month intervals
College credit can be received upon approval
Who can apply?
Current college students and recent graduates. Open to all majors *Communications majors are preferred*
Candidates should possess the following qualities:
• 1-2years of experience in Communications, Graphic Design or Marketing.
• Computer savvy, aware and able to operate and identify all social media platforms.
• Superb verbal & written communication skills
• Aware of all the latest news within entertainment
• Professional & Creative
• Personable positive attitude & always willing to learn
Requirements and Reporting Structure:
This is an unpaid internship & can be completed remotely. The intern must be able to attend phone conferences and if the intern is local able to attend interview meetings and events. This internship is ideal for any individual looking to gain more experience, build their portfolio, seeking exposure and interested in Broadcast Journalism! Applicants must be able to provide their own transportation when needed.
Skills and Abilities Required:
Applicants must be dedicated, hard-working, self-motivated and open to learning new skills through hands-on experience. Must apply creativity and initiative to all projects. Clear verbal, written and typing/computer skills are essential. Organizational skills, creativity, People/Interpersonal. Knowledge of media, politics, sports and entertainment industries is preferred. Well versed in applying the Associated Press Style. Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word programs are used daily.
The videographer will shoot footage and assist in editing. The videographer will accomplish the bulk of the technical tasks related to production and post-production. He or she will transport, set up, and operate equipment; and assist with staging, set preparation and dressing. The videographer will work closely with the creative director to execute the concept through to completion.
• Determines what camera equipment is necessary and obtains equipment
• Transports, sets up, and operates various production equipment including cameras, audio and video recorders, lighting equipment, props, and microphones for location and studio production
• Operates and maintains proper levels and calibration of cameras, audio and video recorders, and other production equipment
• Collects b-roll footage and provide video services to staff as needed
• Supports the team throughout the production process, which may include finding interview subjects and creating graphics
• Helps to sustain and guide creative process
• Assists in developing interview questions and storyboards
• Fixes grammatical, punctuation and spelling errors for content that will be posted on all Tula Talks Entertainment LLC platforms
• Double check that names, places and organizations are spelled properly and that facts, dates and statistics are accurate
We are looking for dope and creative graphic designers to assist with incorporating Tula Talk’s logo into creative designs to reflect various themes of the show.
A Content Creator is someone who is actively creating and publishing original content to an audience on one or more media platforms.
• Generate custom focused content for digital platforms on an ongoing basis.
• Create relevant, traffic-driving digital content on a daily basis for a wide array of audiences.
• Short-term and long-term projects; examples include contest promotion, social media campaigns, video-editing, graphic design, etc.
• Work with various stakeholders to strengthen audience engagement, meeting performance goals and digital objectives.
• Maintains a deep level of understanding on all assignments in order to effectively deliver engaging content.
• Actively participates in team meetings and brainstorming sessions to communicate best practices and find unique ways to promote Tula Talks Entertainment.
Production Assistant: **Note: this person will work closely with Tula
• Must have video editing software and basic video editing knowledge
• Involvement in all show day procedures, assisting production team in all stages of production
• Book guests to appear on the show, and work with guests while they are in town for taping
• Perform research on potential show topics or guests
• Detail oriented, superior organizational skill
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments under high pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to follow direction and work independently when necessary
• Keep & maintain production shoot calendar for all departments/groups
• Research legal issue & generate Insurance Certificates, Location Agreements, Appearance Releases, Permits, Talent Deal Requests, etc., as needed
• Arrange schedules for hair & make-up and weekly booking of News glam and out-of-town glam for shoots/events
• Arrange travel, wardrobe, glam, car services, craft service, props/supplies as needed for productions/events
• Schedule & book places to film productions
• Assist with needs in physical production and other production-related areas as requested
• Other projects and duties as assigned
• Able to work within a deadline, urgent manner while staying calm and collected
• Enjoyment and ability to solve problems and troubleshoot with creative personalities
Photographer: Responsible for producing original photography
• Has skills in multiple areas listed above
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Submit your resume to by Friday May 10, 2019 11:59 pm EST. Failure to do so will result in an incomplete application.
2. Submit application here
3. Schedule your interview here
Application deadline: Friday May 10, 2019 11:59 pm EST *Late submissions will not be considered*