If you are anything like me, you love and cherish those warm, sunny days of the summer months. You take pride in your simple, yet chic summer outfits: off the shoulder tops, shorts, maxi dresses, sandals, and gorgeous statement jewelry that take any outfit from “nay” to “SLAY.”
Nevertheless, those days are shortly coming to a close and it is time to get ready to fall for fall. Our favorite fashion forward stores, ZARA, H&M, and Nordstrom are having those amazing end of summer sales. I don’t know about you but I’m definitely picking up a couple pieces that can transition right into fall. There are already so many great pieces in stores and online calling my name, but on this college budget making smart fashion buys is key.
So for all my fashion forward ladies there are definitely some must have fall fashion items that will elevate your wardrobe instantly. These pieces will allow much needed versatility. Let's talk cute, trendy, affordable fashion!
1. Faux Leather Jacket: The faux leather jacket has been around forever and will continue to be in seasons to come. Anything leather throughout this season is an off bucks you are killing the game. Leather jackets, leather joggers, leather skirts are super cute, trendy, and timeless.
2. Checkered: OH. MY. GOODNESS. The checkered pattern just screams fall, definitely a must have. You can wear a checkered shirtdress, paired with a cute denim jacket, boots and have a cute chic outfit. Or for the simpler chick a checkered flannel, with some boyfriend jeans, and a leather jacket is a perfect outfit to throw on for the fall.
3. Fur Vest: I am a faux fur kind of girl; they come in all different colors and prints, blush, forest green, cheetah. Like, seriously who wouldn’t want one? It can be worn over a leather jacket, turtleneck dress, pretty much anything you want. When you throw on some fur you feel like a boss, and we all know the saying you act how you feel. So if you wish to feel like a boss this fall season get you some fur and I guarantee you will be stunting all Fall long.
4. Boots: Over the knee boots and ankle boots are my personal favorite for the fall season. It is truly amazing what a shoe can do, with a heel or without one they can both truly elevate any outfit and add the perfect edge. You can wear either with a pair of skinny or boyfriend jeans with a cute top, or even a plain midi dress with an over the knee boot and you’ll be slaying. This item can literally be incorporated into anyone’s fall fashion and make any outfit a hit
5. Trench Coats: Trench coats and dusters are another one of my personal favorites, you can throw one on with any outfit and slay. I love everything about that because sometimes you just don’t have time, and when you don’t its perfect. They are both also great because you can wear it open as a coat with a cute or simple outfit underneath, or you can wear the coat as a dress belted. There are endless options but I know for a fact you’ll be looking like a ten!
6. Sweaters: Sweaters are perfect, the come in long and short sleeve, they even have crop sweaters. How much better does it get? They are extremely comfortable and versatile. I am the girl that will still rock the sweater dress, you can even throw one on with a cute pair of jeans and a pump, or a crop sweater with a cute skirt with an ankle boot. Super cute, get you one for this fall, you won’t regret it.
Remember college fashionistas balling on a budget you do not always have to shop at top notch stores there are plenty of places where you can get these pieces at an affordable price. Do not sleep on Goodwill, Marshalls, TJ Maxx and Target. Some of my cutest and most complemented pieces come from those places. It’s not about the price or brand of clothing you are wearing, but rather how you style it. Be nice to your pockets this season, do not compromise how you dress for anyone, do you, and most importantly slay all fall long.